gear essentials is looking at manufacturing Glans (Head) Rings.  I really got interested in them when I saw them at International Mr. Leather last year.  (The first time I had seen them was at a gathering of Naturists--this confirmed my belief that even if we are wearing nothing we HAVE to adorn ourselves!  I was intrigued.)  You know, if it looks like it might feel good I have to try it!  When, a few weeks later, I found myself at one of our retailers in New York City I bought one.  I really love the way it looks--and it feels hot.

Glans Ring -- Worn Right Below the Penis Head

The Glans Ring brings me some joy while masturbating--however, it covers up some amazing nerve-endings located right beneath the mushroom cap of the penis.  This means I can masturbate (it makes edging much easier) or fuck longer because those nerves are not getting the attention they like.  There is a definite advantage if you are prone to speedy cum-and-go sessions and want to prolong the fun.

But I find I have questions:  Is there such a thing as too much metal on your dick?  (Or should we take the advice of Coco Chanel and put all of our accessories on and then remove one thing before heading out the door?)

Have any of you tried a Glans Ring?  What do you think of it?  Do you have any masturbation or fucking tips?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks for your feedback and ENJOY!

Written by Jay — August 01, 2012

Jimmy H:

I used to have 2 of these, and I loved the look and feel of 1 or 2 resting snugly behind my head (and for the reasons you mentioned above!). This was before I had any piercings and I thought they looked great with my Gear cockring!

Had to be careful of pinching when wearing more than one, and even metal ones can slide off during sex with enough pulling and lube. Not painful, but not fun to retrieve. :O I’ve also tried stretchy ones, and they stayed on, but weren’t all that comfy. Besides, I prefer the style of a smooth ring over that of some nubby thing.

With my PA, I’m not even sure if I could wear one, but I’d try. :) I know you guys would make a great product, so let me know if you need any “market testing”. :D

August 02 2012 at 03:08 PM

Jimmy—You have submitted pics of your dick, PA and assorted cock rings (and we’ll post more!) so I have no doubt that your Glans Rings looked hot!

Regarding your PA, I put my Glans Ring on before my CBR—so the CBR encircles it—have you tried that?

I haven’t tried stacking rings—but you know that now I will try it.

I’m curious about your retrieval stories—share if you care to!

We are still debating making Glans Rings—we’re not sure that folks want them. But if we do, you’ll hear about it here.

We so appreciate your feedback—thanks for your comments!

August 02 2012 at 10:08 PM

Jimmy H:

Jay, thanks for the compliments! I’ll try your PA advice—I might have the room. :)

I really like the purple color in your photo above. The ones I had were plain chrome, and I could see myself stacking a couple different colors (blue, purple, green) together! I think stacking them is a cool look and it reminds me of your Fury or Screw rings. I’d consider going as many as 3 or 4, if I could fit them. It’s more about decoration for me than practicality.

August 03 2012 at 01:08 PM

Jimmy—you are totally welcome!

I am definitely going to have to try some stacking! Thanks for the feedback (and idea!) The idea of colors is kind of cool too.

August 05 2012 at 12:08 PM

I have just started to use rubber ones. I am lucky to be blessed with girth, so a metal one did hurt, but the rubber are more forgiving, and create farther streams of cum (as far as 3 feet high) for me, which is awesome since I’m 57 and haven’t shot like that in a long time. I’ve also worn as many as 3 at a time. I just ordered a metal gland ring with a ball, now that I know more what size inner dimension is comfortable. I suggest starting with rubber, because trust me, for me, the metal will not pop off when hard, and too small is painful, and not in a good way!!

January 27 2015 at 02:01 PM

Hey, Toby—thanks for your feedback—great advice! Starting with rubber, nitrile or silicone is always a great option because they are forgiving materials and give a bit of stretch. The beauty of it is that every penis is unique—what works for some won’t always work for others but it’s a great opportunity to play, right? For me, the aluminum or stainless head rings slide right off with a bit of lube even when raging hard (but then I also like the constriction of the ring when I’m erect). Thanks for sharing & ENJOY!

February 05 2015 at 09:02 AM